The Annual General Meeting 2019, held on Tuesday 30 July 2019, was well attended with another full hall, and was followed by a speaker - Denis Kelly.
The agenda and a brief summary of the decisions made are :
- Apologies for absence - see Minutes
- Chairman’s report -see Minutes
- Approve minutes of the Fifth Annual General Meeting held on 24 July 2018 - approved unanimously
- Receive the Treasurer’s report and approve the accounts for the year 2018/19 - approved unanimously
- Confirm the appointment of the Financial Adviser - approved unanimously
- To report on nominations for Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary and put these to the vote - approved unanimously
- To report on nominations for the remaining Executive Committee Members and put these to the vote - approved unanimously
- Approve the annual subscription rates for 2019/20 which the Executive Committee has recommended remain unchanged from 2018/19 - approved unanimously
- Any other business. Jan Chart asked a question as to when a member from another U3A had to pay to join the Edenbridge U3A in order to join a group led by Edenbridge U3A. Lynn Swift explained that there was an agreement between the Edenbridge, Knole, Westerham and Sevenoaks U3A groups so that if a particular group needed more members this would be offered to members of Knole, Westerham, Sevenoaks and Edenbridge in the first instance without the need for the individual to join that U3A branch. Anyone from another U3A group (not Edenbridge, Knole, Westerham or Sevenoaks) would be required to pay the additional membership fee before they could join a group led by one of these branches.
Full reports available:
Minutes of the AGM 2019
Independent Examiner's Report 2018-19 to the Executive Committee as Trustees of U3A Edenbridge
Accounts summary 2018-19